Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Some Randomness...

For as long as I can remember, I have really wanted a SIRIUS satellite radio because I love to listen to music, and I love all different kinds of music.  I also love comedy and college football as well.  So I always thought it would be nice to have all of that right at my fingertips, and be commercial-free!  The problem was, I wasn't sure how I was going to get a satellite radio a) without having a car, and b) with the portability I wanted so I could take it back and forth from work to home to wherever else.  Finally last year, I decided to research, and I found a boombox/docking station for a SIRIUS satellite radio!  YAY! 

So, in January, I took some of my Christmas money, went to Best Buy, and bought me a Starmate 5 satellite radio, a SIRIUS boombox, and a SIRIUS subscription!  I AM HOOKED!!!!!!  I can take my boombox back and forth from home to work every day if I want, and it gets great reception up here on the hill at the VA!  I love having commercial-free music and comedy any time I want.  My favorite stations are 80's on 8 (of course!  I mean, who wouldn't love 80's music 24/7?), 90's on 9 (high school and early college memories), Blue Collar Comedy Channel (talk about rolling on the floor laughing!), and a few others like the Blend (80's, 90's, and today), the Message (Contemporary Christian), the Metropolitan Opera Channel (I'm a vocal performance major, so I gotta love that), the Broadway/Showtunes channel, and a few others that I'm forgetting but I don't have the channel line-up in front of me so I can't remember their names.  But, if you're looking into getting a SIRIUS satellite radio, I will say that it's totally worth the money and SIRIUS-ly awesome!  I know, that was REALLY corny and dorky, but I couldn't help myself.  It was just too easy! :)


Also, another piece of randomness.  I was at Wal-Mart last week shopping, and I saw... THIS!!!


I had to buy this!  I remember when I was little, I used to pour myself a (dry) bowl of Cap'n Crunch (I don't eat milk in my cereal) and just eat the berries out of it.  I thought the little yellow pieces were nasty.  My mom would then get mad at me because I would waste all that cereal.  I feel like such a nerd because I got so excited that Cap'n Crunch finally made a cereal with just berries!  But, hey, I get excited about little, weird things like that.  Anyway, the cereal did not disappoint.  It was really good!  I am one of those grown-ups who still loves kiddie cereals and I have not an ounce of shame in eating a bowl for dinner!

2 comments:

Brittany C. Brewer said...

I love my wedding photo in the background of the cereal box pic!! LOl

"Serius"-ly! :)

Beth said...

LOL!! I didn't even realize that until I posted the pic!!