Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rudy the Patient (4/26/10)

On April 26, 2010, my sweet kitty, Rudy had to go get "fixed" and declawed.  I wasn't able to take him into the vet that morning because I had to go to work, so Ed came and picked him up for me and took him in.  He was probably going, "What?  Mom?!  What's happening??  Where am I going and why aren't you coming with me?"  But, the vet said he did wonderfully and he was a good kitty, except when they took off his booties/bandages from being declawed.  He didn't like that too much.  Also, he somehow got a tapeworm, so he had to be treated for that, bless his heart.  But, when I came to get him the next day, he was more than glad to see me.  He wasn't too happy that we had to stop by Katie's for a minute.  I think their cat, Ripley might have scared him because he peed in his carrier.  Oh, well.  But, he made a quick recovery, and within about three days, he was back to his old, rambunctious self!

Here he is licking his wounds right after we got home.

My "patient" passed out on the couch.  I think he was still pretty drugged up.

Feeling a little better!

So glad to be back home!  This is where he usually sleeps- on my pillow!

And here is the proof that he was back to his old playful self.  This is what I found the morning after he came home from the vet right before I left for work!  He had a fresh bowl of water 30 feet away!  Silly kitty!

No comments: