Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Part 2

After a LONG day of shopping, Mom, Dad, Katie, Ed, Drew, and I headed back to Madison (Jackson) to relax for the last day of the Memorial Day holidays.  Right before we got home, we stopped and ate, and Papaw gave Drew his first taste of ice cream.
I think he likes it...

...Because he kept grunting for more!!  Katie kept saying Papaw was going to turn Drew into a fatso! :)

Then it was home to my parents' house and to see their three cats (which I guess are technically mine (Halo) and Katie's (Tigger and Smoot), but they lovingly inherited them.  They were glad to see us, especially since it meant that it was dinner time.

Sweet Halo waiting for dinner

Smoot (the "alfa-female kitty" of the house)

Tigger waiting to go outside

Beth and Halo- buddies forever!  Halo actually lived with me in Fayetteville for a year, coming home some weekends to Little Rock with me when I came home to see Mom and Dad.  Finally, he decided he wanted to stay with Tigger and Smoot!

Then, Drew got to have a special bubble bath in Grammie's BIG jacuzzi tub before bed.

Come play with me, Aunt Beth!!

Yep, he's a water-baby!

After that, we just vegged out and watched TV and went to bed.  The next day before heading out, we stopped by our dear friend, Judy's store, Judith Lee's so Mom and I could do some shopping.  Judy has some of the cutest clothes, shoes, and accessories for women, so if you're ever in the Madison, Mississippi area, stop on by!  I bought two really cute dresses, two cute pairs of flip-flops, and some really cute new sunglasses.  Then, we all went and ate at Five Guys Burgers and Fries, one of my all-time favorite places to eat.  After that and hugging Mom and Dad goodbye, it was back to North Little Rock and back to the grindstone.  But, wow!  What a fun weekend!

I think someone was glad to have me home, though!  He was sure letting me know it when I walked in the door Monday night!

1 comment:

Brittany C. Brewer said...

Cute pic of you & Halo!
"Smoot" is a cute name... :) Good post.