On October 16, I walked in Race for the Cure in honor of my dad's sister, Kathleen. Aunt Kathleen died in 1996 of breast cancer, and I have always wanted to walk in Race for the Cure, but have never been able to until this year.
Then, two weeks before the race, I got a pleasant surprise. My friend and former suitemate from Ouachita Baptist University, Kim was coming down from Russelville to the race with her six-year-old daughter and needed a place to stay, so I messaged her on Facebook and offered my house, so she came and stayed with me!!! I hadn't seen her in ten years! It was great to hang out and catch up!
Here we are before the race
Here we are after the race with some friends of theirs from church, Jennifer and her daughter, Katelyn, and Kim's sweet daughter, Natalie.

No comments:
Post a Comment