Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Amazon Kindle

Have any of you ever seen/heard of the Amazon Kindle?  My dad had one last year when I went to visit my parents, and I LOVED it!!  It's basically like a portable library that has a wireless internet capability where you can download books, magazines, blogs, newspapers, and other publications, and read them right on the device.  I kept hinting that I wanted one for Christmas, and Mom and Dad kept saying that I shouldn't hold my breath because they are quite pricey (but SO worth it if you like to read like me!).  So, I didn't hold my breath, but I still held out hope.  And, lo and behold, on Christmas morning, guess what was waiting for me under the tree??? My very own Kindle!!  YAY!!!!!  I love this thing!  The books that you can download are actually cheaper then buying the books at the store.  They don't have every book out yet, but they do have quite a lot of them.  I downloaded the whole Chronicles of Narnia series for like $21 when it normally costs about $49 to buy all of the books at Barnes and Noble or somewhere like that.  I also found a couple versions of the Bible for about $2.00 a pop when I was searching for books.  That's a bargain!  You can also create a wish list of books you want.  And, if you ever get an Amazon gift card, you can use that toward downloading books for Kindle.

Like I said, they are pricey, but if you love to read, they truly are worth it!  I love it because it's so portable, and it has an audio feature.  Check it out!

Also, HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY from me and sweet Drew!!!!  He and I hope you are all wearing your GREEN!!!

No comments: