Friday, February 26, 2010

Welcome, Rudy!!!!

Well, I thought I was going to wait for awhile to let another four-legged, meowing, purring little kitty into my home.  I wanted to make sure that my house was safe, and also that my heart was ready to have another furry child after losing Harmony and Holly within two weeks of each other.  But, then I realized how much my house was not a home unless I heard the sounds of running kitty feet and the soft purring in the morning, and felt the softness of a kitty snuggle.  So, natuarlly, I gave in and decided it was time to welcome a new furry son or daughter into my life!

I searched and searched, and found a whole lot of cute older kitties, but no kittens like I wanted.  Then, on Martin Luther King weekend, a girl I went to high school with contacted me on Facebook and told me that her aunt and uncle just had a litter of kittens on December 22.  I hurried over there to meet the five little furballs, and I fell in love with them all.  It took me a week or so to choose which one I wanted, but finally, I chose this little guy!


The first day we met- 4 weeks

He finally got to come home with me on February 6, and after careful consideration (about two weeks worth! :) ) I decided to name him Rudy!  I chose that name for two reasons.  First, he was born around Christmas, so his name could be short for Rudolph (it's not, but Rudy's close enough).  Second, he's extremely playful, and there's that movie about the football player named Rudy.


Snuggling on my blanket on the couch during the Central Arkansas "blizzard" of 2010, two days after bringing him home.

Playing on the back of my recliner

He is the sweetest, most loving, playful, funny cat, and I'm so excited to have him!

This picture melts my heart!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Come link your blog to our Arkansas Bloggers group that is forming. There are absolutely not obligations...just a way for us to be aware of others in Arkansas who are blogging. arkansasbloggers.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Rudy is so cute! I love the one of him sleeping. Enjoyed the pics...

Anonymous said...

Aw! Rudy is so cute! I love the one of him sleeping! Cute name~ Got him declawed yet? :/